Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Orajel Single dose cold sore treatment with moisturizer

Thanks to Smiley360, I was able to try Orajel Cold Sore treatment for free. Now, there still isn't consensus if what I get are really cold sores, but the dentist says so. (I am skeptical based on them only ever happening in the corners of my lips, but whatever). I thought this product might be a good test.

When I felt that tingle coming on, I gave the product a shot. It's basically a little vial that you squeeze to break and allow the liquid to enter the cotton tip. Easy enough to use, although it requires a bit more force than you might think to break the vial. I applied as directed. I also used the moisturizer as directed.

My thoughts: The product does not work. It never really says that it does or does not 'cure' cold sores, but it did nothing for mine. By the next day, it was much worse. The product does claim pain relief. Yes, there was some, but not nearly enough or for as long as the rather high price deserves (@$20). Finally, the moisturizer is the most disgusting thing I have ever encountered. A super viscous, nasty, oily texture with a pretty vile flavor. I do not recommend. Stick with whatever you are currently using.

No comments:

Post a Comment