Saturday, December 23, 2017

Kroger spa line

Let me start by saying that I am not a girly-girl. I don't wear make-up and my typical beauty routine is nothing more than washing my face and using sunscreen. However, as I get older, I realize I should probably do more, so I was definitely intrigued by my free samples from the Kroger Spa line.
I started with trying the exfoliating facial mask. I have to admit, I have never used a sheet mask before, but I've seen videos on the internet, so I figured it would be pretty easy. I have to say, it was a lot messier than I expected it to be. First, when I pulled it out of the packaging, it had already come partially free from the backing, so even just unfolding it was a challenge. The backing basically just fell off as I pulled it out. Once I got it out and unfolded, I found it to be very wet, almost to the point of drippy. It took me a while to get it on my face and it didn't really seem to fit very well. It seemed too narrow at my eyes and was far too big from edge to edge and top to bottom (and I have a fairly big head). I actually had to tear it a little to keep it from being over the outside corners of my eyes. Also, if you wear glasses, plan on not doing anything for 20 minutes since you will no be able to wear them with the mask on. I waited 20 minutes and removed it. The directions tell you to then just pat in the remaining product, but there was so much product left on my face that this was just not possible. I had to rinse. Parts of my face were quite red after use, but this went away within 45 minutes (maybe less). My skin did feel smoother after use, but that's the only difference I saw. By the next day, I couldn't really see anything different about my skin. I'm not sure how I feel about trying the other masks, so I gave the hydrating one to a friend to use.
For the price, I think about $3, these are fine. But they aren't something that I am likely to buy in the future. I am interested in checking out the bath products, so I will look for them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment