Sunday, April 29, 2018

Ripple Greek Yogurt Alternative

Thanks to MyMagazine Sharing Network, I got the chance to try Ripple Greek Yogurt Alternative for free. As a coincidence, a friend of mine had also given me one of these as she had purchased them but didn't really like them. So I ended up trying both the maple and blueberry flavors.
I tried the maple first. It wasn't horrible, but it also wasn't very good. There wasn't really much actual maple flavor. If you had given it to me and not told me what flavor it was, I would not have been able to tell you. And it contains real maple syrup according to the label. I could definitely taste the pea-protein base (Ripptein is their trademarked name for this). It's a pretty strong, distinctive flavor. I also found the mouth feel to be a bit astringent. After eating it, my mouth felt really dry. Also, the consistency is much closer to regular yogurt, not Greek yogurt. It is pretty thin. And finally, the aftertaste of the product, which was not good, lasted for a long time. I went ahead and tried the blueberry, hoping that the flavor of blueberries would do more to cover up the Ripptein flavor. No. It was actually worse. I took one bite and threw the rest away. I'll stick to soy yogurt for now when I want a non-dairy product, which probably says a lot about how I felt about the Ripple. If you want to find out more about the line, check it out here: Ripple

No comments:

Post a Comment