Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Brookside Chocolate Crunchy Clusters

Thanks to CrowdTap, I got to try a sample of Brookside Chocolate Crunchy Clusters in berry flavor. Overall, I found the treats to be quite tasty, and given how fast my husband was going through them, I think he agrees.

The pluses:
- Great flavor. The blend of dark chocolate, sweet berry filling, and crunchy cereal is great.
- They pair really well with other food. I tried them on yogurt, but I bet they'd be great on cereal and oatmeal.

- The coating is also pretty solid, so I had no problem with any melting.

The negatives:
- Don't refrigerate them. If you do, the berry goo becomes very tough and chewy. Unpleasantly so.
- The coating is a bit waxy. Not too bad, but if you don't like that texture, these might not be for you.
- Inconsistent size. This was perhaps the biggest negative. Some pieces were tiny and some were huge.(See picture. And I probably don't even have the smallest pieces in my hand.)


So, out of five stars, I'd probably give them a conservative 4. They won't be my go-to chocolate snack, but will definitely be one I'd consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment